Michael York plays European Union Chairman STONE ALEXANDER. Stone is a natural born leader who has parlayed a small inheritance into one of the world's largest media empires, the Alexander Satellite Network. Recently appointed Chairman of the European Union, he has risen to power on the global political scene by letting his considerable humanitarian actions speak for themselves.
His passion and vision for a peaceful, united world have made him beloved by people of all nations. An aficionado of fine wine and classical music, he seems the ultimate "Renaissance Man". Yet, if one were able to withstand his considerable charms they might begin to sense a more calculated air lurking beneath the benevolent exterior.
- March 27, 1942 at Fulmer, Buckinghamshire, England
- Hurstpierpoint College, Sussex
- Bromley Grammar School, Kent
- University College, Oxford (BA Honors English)
- Hon. Doctor of Fine Arts, University of Southern California
- In 1968 to Pat McCallum, a writer and photographer. (Author of "Going Strong" 1991)
- Joined National Theatre Company, London. Productions included Franco Zeffirelli's "Much Ado About Nothing" , "Armstrong's Last Goodnight" , "Trelawney of the Wells" , "Any Just Cause"
- Title role in "Hamlet" at Thorndike Theatre
- "Cyrano de Bergerac" the inaugural production of the Santa Fe Festival Theatre as Cyrano.
- "The Crucible" National Actors Theatre Inaugural Production, Broadway.
- Host: "Ira Gershwin at 100" Carnegie Hall
- Debut in Franco Zeffirelli's THE TAMING OF THE SHREW with Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor.
- ROMEO AND JULIET as Tybalt
- CABARET as Brain Roberts; directed by Bob Fosse with Liza Minelli
- THE THREE MUSKETEERS and THE FOUR MUSKETEERS as D'Artagnan; directed by Richard Lester
- MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS as Count Andrenyi; directed by Sydney Lumet
- GREAT EXPECTATIONS as Pip
- LOGAN'S RUN as Logan; directed by Michael Anderson
- THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU as Andrew Braddock; with Burt Lancaster
- AUSTIN POWERS: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY as Basil Exposition; with Mike Myers.
- AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME as Basil Exposition; with Mike Myers
- JESUS OF NAZARETH as John the Baptist; directed by Franco Zeffirelli
- MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING as Benedick; for the BBC
- THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with Jane Seymour and Maximilian Schell for CBS
- KNOTT'S LANDING guest appearance
- TEKWAR: TEKLAB as Richard Stewart
- A YOUNG CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT as Merlin
- DANIELLE STEELE'S THE RING as Walmar von Gotthard for NBC with Natassja Kinski
- THE RIPPER as Charles Warren; for Universal
Has contributed to various magazines including "Queen" , "Harpers" , "Vogue" and "National Lampoon". His travel piece for "Discovery" Magazine won awards.
- Contributor to Philip Berman's THE COURAGE OF CONVICTION
- Contributor to VOICE OF SURVIVAL
- TRAVELING PLAYER the British edition of autobiography published by Headline
- ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE the US edition of autobiography published by Simon & Shuster
- THE MAGIC PAWPAW a children's book (Dove).
Has lectured internationally on Shakespeare, Kipling, and the history of art of acting.